According to Better Homes and Gardens, your roof accounts for 40% of your home’s overall curb appeal. If you’re looking for a way to give your home a new look, a new roof color could have an instant effect. Beyond that, there are also performance considerations. How do you select the best color? Here are a few things that you have to keep in mind:
- The color of your roof can affect temperatures within your home significantly. In hotter climates, lighter colors can help reflect the sun’s rays; on the other hand, in colder climates, darker colors can help a home retain heat.
- Pick a color that can go well with the parts of the home that aren’t normally painted like bricks or stone. Compare sample colors to these areas of the home to make sure the new color you choose can go well with the theme.
- Match your roof with the current exterior colors of your home. Consider the way it looks with your siding and windows so you can arrange a more attractive combination. For instance, selecting a color that is exactly the same as your walls can create a boring, monotonous look.
- If you’re part of neighborhood association, consult with the other members of your community. There might be certain parameters or criteria for roof colors in the neighborhood.
- View sample colors in various lighting conditions. This can help you gauge how well the new roof color looks during different times of the day.
- Take the choice of materials into consideration because it can affect the way a color looks. Shingle roofs, for instance, like those produced by GAF, can come in various colors and can emulate the way other materials look.
If you’re still having a hard time picking a color, you can contact Raleigh roofing companies like Consolidated Roofing Systems. As a GAF Master Elite™ certified contractor, we offer GAF products such as the Timberline Ultra HD® Lifetime High Definition® Shingles that can make the choice easier. This shingle product can come in colors such as:
- Hunter Green
- Pewter Gray
- Fox Hollow Gray
- Weathered Wood
- Patriot Red
- Biscayne Blue
For the best look for your Raleigh roofing, let us help you decide on materials that accentuate your home’s architectural design. For more information, give Consolidated Roofing Systems a call today.